Fiber Optic Laser Cutting Capabilities
Fiber optic laser cutters utilize amplified light that is channeled through a fiber optic cable. The light is then straightened and delivered by a lens that is hyper focused on the material being cut. This delivery system provides extremely accurate cutting of numerous types of materials in various thicknesses. Laser cutting solutions display extraordinarily high electrical efficiency, which results in lower customer costs.
The Amada FOL3015AJ Laser Cutting System Provides Fast Laser Cutting with Minimal Waste
Our fiber optic laser cutter is up to four times faster than conventional laser systems. It includes a material feed tower with an automatic material load/unload feature that enables fully-automated “lights out” operation. High-speed positioning (up to 13,300 ipm traverse speeds) provides unmatched productivity. Shorter processing times equate to faster turnarounds, so you get the parts you need sooner. Watch the video below to see just how quickly our laser cutter can turn out complex parts.
With a 5’ x 10’ work table, our Amada laser cutter has ample room for large parts or for nesting multiple jobs on a single piece of sheet metal. Advanced software allows us to directly input digital part designs, and a 3-axis linear motor drive system provides absolute accuracy, even at the highest cutting speeds. The system’s high-powered, 4000 watt laser creates exceptional edge quality. These factors combine to minimize or eliminate scrap and inaccurately-cut parts, reducing material costs.
FOL3015AJ Laser Cutting Solutions Fiber Optic Material Capabilities
Tempco’s fiber optic laser cutter is powerful enough to cut sheet metal up to 0.866” thick (maximum thickness varies by material). We can laser cut an array of standard and specialty materials, including:
- Stainless steel
- Mild steel
The FOL3015AJ Fiber Optic Laser is Energy Efficient & Environmentally Safe
Our fiber optic laser system uses approximately one-third the amount of energy required by a “traditional” 4000 watt CO2 laser, and just a quarter of the power of a 6000 watt CO2 laser. And, unlike CO2 laser technology, fiber optic lasers require no gases to generate the laser beam, thereby eliminating potentially harmful emissions. Fiber optic laser cutting is among the most environmentally-friendly metal fabrication processes available.
Amada’s LCG3015AJ 9000-Watt Laser Cutter Provides Better Cutting Acceleration with Improved Accuracy
The LCG3015AJ utilizes Amada’s patented fiber laser technology, which allows for a wide range of materials types and thicknesses to be processed quickly and efficiently. This 9000-watt model can cut materials such as copper, brass and titanium, with the added capability of being able to process common material four times as quickly as competitors. The LCG3015AJ laser cutting solutions also utilizes fewer diode laser modules to achieve the power that is desired. This advantage provides improved efficiency and simplification for the overall design of the fiber engine.
Advanced Quality Benefits of the LCG3015AJ Laser Cutting System
Amada’s 9000-watt laser cutter is designed with a wide range of features that make it the premiere laser cutter in the industry. Some of the more advanced features of this model, include:
- Helical Rack & Pinion Drives – These advanced drives allow for the higher torque motors to achieve smoother and quicker acceleration.
- Automatic Gas Selection Assistance – This feature allows the machine to automatically choose the proper gas for the material being machined without operator intervention.
- High Speed Laser Head – The head features a fast sensing processor that allows for increased speed rates and enhanced height sensing control.
- Cartridge Style Lens Holder – The head also features a cartridge assisted lens holder that allows for quick setups between different materials, without the need for tools.
- 4-Station Nozzle Changer – Nozzle changes are simple with 4-station design, which allows for quick and easy exchanges.
- Touchscreen Controls – Easy to operate touchscreen allows for efficient network access, which allows you to retrieve programs generated offline.
- Thumbnail Screen Views – Allows for quick and easy part identification.
The premium AMADA laser benefits listed above allow for reduced lead times and processing costs, which in turn reduces overall customer costs.
Contact Tempco today to learn more about Fiber Optic Laser Systems
Make Tempco Manufacturing Company your first choice for high precision, fiber optic laser-cut metal parts. Request a quote on laser cut parts, or contact us for more information on our advanced laser cutting solutions.