Wire EDM Program Operator
List Date: 01/31/2024
Location: St. Paul, MN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Programming/operating/maintaining Wire EDM utilizing knowledge of working properties and processes for a variety of materials.
· Develop/Implement process recommendations for improved efficiency to optimize the programs and processes.
· Ensure on-time customer satisfaction with products and service by producing programs resulting in defect free parts.
· Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality & safety.
· Act as a "Project Leader" for the assigned jobs.
· Keep a clean and safe work area.
· Multi-tasking and assist with daily machine tasks, and other related duties as required or assigned.
· Two-year certificate from college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to program, setup, and run Fanuc & brand wire EDM machines.
· Experience and understanding of metal stamping dies and related manufacturing processes.
· Must be very detail orientated and good at working with tight tolerances.
· Ability to read & understand engineering drawings.
· Must be a team player who works well with others.