Packaging & Shipping Crew
List Date: 12/11/2017
Location: St. Paul, MN
· Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
· Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
· Assembles cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers.
· Inserts items into containers.
· Binds containers with metal tape or heavy duty adhesive tape.
· Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions on to containers.
· Posts weights.
· Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items and records shortages.
· Routes incoming items to departments.
· Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
· Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
· Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
· Reads, customer order, shipping order, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
· Ensure that all ISO9001 procedures are being followed according to the requirements of the job description.
· Convey materials and products from receiving areas to inventory storage or to other designated areas.
· Sorts and places materials or products on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, or product code.
· Fill customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping area.
Skills and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 – 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Email Resume to Apply
< Return to Job Postings